About Me

My photo
I live in Melbourne Australia.

Welcome

Would love to hear what you think, and would love to visit your blog.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

On the Design Wall

TBLovers Lottery blocks
 Last year I finally won the lottery!  The Internet group I belong to, has a monthly lottery block contest and I won so here are the blocks laid out for me to photograph and send the photo to our list mom (she can be such a nag!)( actually she is a darling) and for me to decide how I am going to turn this into a quilt.  I had bought TB fabric to use but then came the news that the designer is retiring so I've been buying as much as I can afford from a shop I know off in Melbourne.  Unfortunately I haven't found all the perfect fabrics.  Today I used 2 of the rejects to make a further 2 album stars to bring the block total to 12.
Craftsy BOM 2013 January





The other thing I did this weekend is sign up for the Crafsty BOM 2013.  This is a photo of the 4 off center log cabin blocks I made. I like the batiks I used but will have to be very careful of value when it comes to making the other blocks, some of the blocks require very strong contrast to work....we will see how it goes.
  Hope you enjoyed, love karen

1 comment:

Chris said...

Both great projects. I love the lottery blocks.